Yuma TMJ Specialist and Treatment
Do you feel pain when trying to open your mouth, or does it hurt to move your mouth from side to side? You could be suffering from the common problem of Temporomandibular Joint pain or TemporomandibularDysfunction. Other symptoms include:
- Pain in the neck and/or shoulder(s)
- Ringing in the ears
- Hearing loss or ear pain
- Grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw while sleeping
- Constantly feeling fatigued
- Hearing a popping or grating sound, or any other noise in your jaw joints
- Suffering from chronic headaches in your temples or above your eyes
Treatment for TMJ
Because there can often be multiple causes for TMJ symptoms, there’s not a “set” way of treating these conditions. That said, the first step in any successful treatment is the proper diagnosis.
Dr. Schmidt can perform an evaluation of your symptoms and concerns and suggest a customized treatment therapy for your condition—and in many cases, we can work with you to identify other treatment partners—such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, cranio/mandibular specialists or even massage therapists—who will all work together to bring you relief.